
It is professed in the first chapter of the Gospel of Mark, "As Jesus passed by the sea of Galilee, he saw Simon and his brother Andrew casting out their nets into the sea; they were fishermen. Jesus said to them, 'Come follow me, and I will make you fishers of men.' Then they left their nets and followed him." Just as Jesus' disciples dropped their nets, their livelihood, and their dreams to follow Him, I too have answered Christ's call and after my first year at St. Joseph Seminary College, I continue to follow him with an open heart and unyielding faith. it has been yet another loop on this unpredictable roller coaster ride through life and what keeps me going is the knowledge that God is in the seat right next to me! He has been with me at my highest moments, when I was on top of the world and He has been there when I have spiraled down into doubt and hopelessness. Regardless, he has been there with me the entire time and I have grown to love Him and know Him more intimately; He has become my best friend! I am ready for what is to come and I am unafraid.
After spending my first year at St. Joseph Seminary college, I am amazed at how fast the time flew by. I vividly remember when I first pulled up to the Seminary with my family this past August and how scared to death I was. My emotions were mixed; I was excited, yet more nervous than I have ever been. I kept asking myself, "Oh Jared, what have you gotten yourself into?" Had i know what an amazing year I was about to have, i would not have let my nerves go so haywire (hindsights 20/20 I guess!). The conclusions that I had made about this place were quickly extinguished by the immense beauty and prayerful spirit of the grounds. Perhaps it is the people though, that make this place such a treasure and easy place to adjust to. I have made so many new friends/brothers in Christ and by the strength God has given me, I have had the ability to be my absolute self and have not once felt the need to wear a mask or sugarcoat anything. It has been a blessing to be able to get to know so many diverse men who share the same affection and zeal for God as I do. We have been given many opportunities to share our life stories, to challenge one another to grow in faith, and to share in fun Christian fellowship. This has been possible through the many activities and events of this past year. By working together through Hurricane Gustav, playing volleyball periodically throughout the week, going on nature walks, hangin' out in the Wharf, having movie/tv show marathons, studying in groups, playing capture the flag late a night, participating in St. Ben's Olympics, making Wendy's runs, and experiencing the gift of snow - just to name a few, a strong bond has been formed and strengthened through each experience...TBC...
After spending my first year at St. Joseph Seminary college, I am amazed at how fast the time flew by. I vividly remember when I first pulled up to the Seminary with my family this past August and how scared to death I was. My emotions were mixed; I was excited, yet more nervous than I have ever been. I kept asking myself, "Oh Jared, what have you gotten yourself into?" Had i know what an amazing year I was about to have, i would not have let my nerves go so haywire (hindsights 20/20 I guess!). The conclusions that I had made about this place were quickly extinguished by the immense beauty and prayerful spirit of the grounds. Perhaps it is the people though, that make this place such a treasure and easy place to adjust to. I have made so many new friends/brothers in Christ and by the strength God has given me, I have had the ability to be my absolute self and have not once felt the need to wear a mask or sugarcoat anything. It has been a blessing to be able to get to know so many diverse men who share the same affection and zeal for God as I do. We have been given many opportunities to share our life stories, to challenge one another to grow in faith, and to share in fun Christian fellowship. This has been possible through the many activities and events of this past year. By working together through Hurricane Gustav, playing volleyball periodically throughout the week, going on nature walks, hangin' out in the Wharf, having movie/tv show marathons, studying in groups, playing capture the flag late a night, participating in St. Ben's Olympics, making Wendy's runs, and experiencing the gift of snow - just to name a few, a strong bond has been formed and strengthened through each experience...TBC...
3 comments:
This is great bro! Keep writing! Even through the tough times at St. Ben's it still was the best time of my life. I wish I could return next year but God is in control.
Jared - This is awesome! I've just shared your blog with some of my prayer warriors and another young man discerning his call. Keep up the good work. I continue to lift you up in prayer as much for our sake as yours. Fr Caropi is right and we need men like you who are not afraid to live God's love radically.
fetlysJared - This is awesome! I've just shared your blog with some of my prayer warriors and another young man discerning his call. Keep up the good work. I continue to lift you up in prayer as much for our sake as yours. Fr Corapi is right and we need men like you who are not afraid to live God's love radically.
Post a Comment