
Early Friday morning, I woke up at 5:30 am to multiple text messages from numerous brother seminarians. When I read my phone, still groggy from just waking up, the content didn't quite register and I promptly shut my eyes again. It wasn't 10 seconds later that I literally jumped out of my bed and raced to my computer. All that messages that I had been receiving finally registered and the internet news headlines confirmed all those messages. I was greatly saddened by the news that our beloved Shepherd, Bishop Gregory Aymond had JUST been named the Archbishop of the New Orleans Archdiocese by Pope Benedict XVI. I am shocked and GREATLY saddened by this news. Bishop Aymond has done INCREDIBLE things for our diocese and has lead us through the most rapid growth that this Diocese of Central Texas has ever seen! He has lead us through the founding of many new parishes, he has lead us through a surge of Vocations to the Priesthood and Religious life and has inspired us all who have answered God's call, he has brought in religious orders to assist in the work of the church and to be with the people of this diocese, he has ordained an incredible amount of Priests and Deacons, has given some beautiful, and very memeorable homilies, he has confirmed thousands of us and sealed us with the Holy Spirit and has lead us through 9 wonderful years that will never be forgotten! He will be missed immensely. I am very hopeful and happy for the Archdiocese or New Orleans, who is in great need of a good Archbishop right now! He will do AMAZING things there! Bishop Aymond - we are so proud of you and love you! You have been an incredible Shepard for this Diocese and you will be missed more than you know! Brothers and Sisters in Christ, Please keep Bishop Aymond and the Diocese of Austin in your prayers and please pray for an equally wonderful successor. PAX!
No comments:
Post a Comment