Just a few scattered thoughts and reflections about this past year! I am so unworthy of this beautiful calling of Discernment to the Priesthood of Jesus Christ. I know I am not qualified, but as a wise man once told me, "God does not call the qualified, He qualifies the called!" Thanks Dad!
And so I continue this incredible journey, I trudge through the rocky terrain, I fall and I get up, I fall and I get up, I fall and I get up, I experience sadness, I experience joy, I experience the pain of others and I experience pain myself; I remain steadfast, my determination can't be wavered, I know what I must do, I see the path that God has set before me, I walk on my head held high, I walk on with a jump in my step, I walk on with my hands raised high...Praised be Jesus Christ!
It is professed in Romans Chapter 5, “rejoice in our suffering, because we know that suffering produces perseverance; perseverance, character; and character, hope. And hope does not disappoint us, because God has poured out His love into our hearts by the Holy Spirit, whom He has given us.” As I continue on this uneasy path set out for me by God, I take pause to reflect on my second year at St. Joseph Seminary College. Thus far it has been a numbing, yet humbling year of unprecedented growth for me. I have experienced God's great love and presence in my life this past year, but I have also experienced a far-reaching desert-like distance from him. Through this experience, I have found great consolation in these words of Paul's to the Romans, for I too have felt a great sense of suffering this year, but what hasn't killed me has made me a stronger and more mature man of God and Seminarian...More to come within the day....check back soon!

1 comment:
Bro, that was beautiful, I love how you acknowledge suffering...Gold is tested in fire, and pretty soon you'll be a nice shiny gold nuggt, my friend
Post a Comment