Sunday, June 27, 2010

Capuchin Friars Visit


This past Spring break I was extremely fortunate to be able to go spend 3 days with the Mid-American Capuchin Franciscan Friars in Denver, Colorado (my hometown) for a Friary Visit and discernment weekend! It was truly a blessing to see and experience the life of a Capuchin Friar. Upon my arrival to Denver, I met a family friend at the airport who was there to pick me up. To my surprise at the baggage claim, my luggage had not shown up. I waited for over an hour and finally after everyone on my flight had received their baggage, I went to the baggage claim desk to talk to the folks in charge. They checked their list, which I was not on, so I made one more visit to the baggage claim and saw nothing but a big bucket with a huge clear trash bag inside, going around the conveyor belt. I walked up to it slowly and couldn't see anything in it. It went around twice before I went and looked again at which point I saw a familiar logo on a black hoodie. My mouth dropped. it was my Seminary logo. I grabbed the whole plastic bucket and forcefully put it on the ground and opened up the huge plastic bag. To my unfortunate surprise it was all the contents of my bag, including my bag, all CUT UP in shreds and covered in oil!! AHHH!....more to come in a few....

No comments: